Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Update 1

Name: Sarah Spofford

Project Title: Representing Knit and Purl Stitches

Summary of work to date:  I have acheived to date a small program that reads in a knitting pattern that looks like this:

CO 12
K 12
K 12
P 12
K 12
K 12
P 12
K 12
K 12
P 12

and creates a row or knit stitches.  Actually in the case of this pattern, it creates 9 rows of stitches that don't interlock.  It then draws bezier curves between the points.




Analysis of work: I might have not made my goal specific enough in my initial proposal.  I've met it, according to what I wrote, "My goal for March 7th is to have a method for creating a row of loops."  This is technically what I accomplished, though I feel like I have not gotten much done.  The program succesfully produces a row of loops in bezier curves.  Also realized just now that while it does create several rows, the problem with knitting is that the object is worked left-right, right-left, in a zig-zag pattern.  With my program the loops are created left-right, left-right like a typewriter.  That is something that will definitely need to be addressed soon.

Plan for completion: My plan for completion remains the same, however, I am afraid that I might have spaced the goals out unevenly.  Therefore, I would like to split my april 9th goal into two.  My new goals are for March 30th and April 9th.  April's will be the same, while by March 30th I would like to have my program implemented in 3D and with interlocking loops.  I think the interlocking part will be more of a challenge than originally expected and I would like to get one done before moving onto a series of rows.  I suppose I'm on schedule, I think my schedule just wasn't planned out super well.  I think I need to spend more time on this.

No comments:

Post a Comment